The National League of Cities is committed to helping city leaders build better communities.
To do that, we join forces with our Enterprise Partners, key private sector and non-profit organizations, to offer our members programs that save them and their residents time and money. From an easy-to-use grant database to residential home protection and municipal financing options, our partner programs are relevant to the every day needs of our members and their constituents. Want to learn more, email email@example.com.
NLC leverages its communications, conferences and other outreach vehicles to share these programs to the nation’s 19,000 cities and towns, providing partnering organizations with access and visibility with municipal influencers and decision-makers.
SUMMER OF SAVINGS
Learn more about our partners and what resources are available to you as a local leader.
A members’ only benefit, Grant Access helps cities save valuable time spent search for the right grant. Our program gives you access to over 10,000 federal, state and foundation grant opportunities, searchable by state, category and deadline.
NLC Prescription Discount Program
- Now residents who are without health insurance, a traditional pharmacy benefit plan, or have prescriptions not covered by insurance can receive savings on their prescriptions.
The NLC Prescription Discount Program, administered by CVS Caremark, the NLC Prescription Discount Program can save your residents up to 80%* off on generics and up to 40%* on name brand medications. There is no enrollment form, no membership fee for member city residents and no restrictions or limits on the frequency of use. The discount card is accepted at more than 65,000 participating pharmacies† nationwide, including all major pharmacy chains and most local independent pharmacies.
* Average savings of 55% for generics and average savings of 24% for brands with a blended savings of 40%. CVS Health Drug Discount Analytics Team, October 2020. All data sharing complies with applicable law, our information firewall and any applicable contractual limitations. Savings projections are based on CVS Caremark data. Savings projections are based on CVS Caremark data. Savings may vary by drug and by pharmacy. Savings are based on actual drug purchases for all drug discount card programs administered by CVS Caremark located in Woonsocket, RI
†CVS Health Network Analysis. November 2020
NLC Service Line Warranty
- The NLC Service Line Warranty Program gives your residents who have not set aside money to pay for an unexpected, expensive utility line repair the opportunity to obtain a low cost warranty that will provide repairs for a low monthly fee, with no deductibles or service fees. The work is performed by licensed, local plumbers who will call the customer within one hour of filing a claim. The repair is performed professionally and quickly, typically within 24 hours. HomeServe provides a personally staffed 24/7 repair hotline for residents, 365 days a year.
There is no cost to your city to participate in the program. PLUS, your city receives a share of the revenues collected! Implementation is easy and HomeServe provides all of the required services.
Polco is changing how local governments inform and get input from their constituents. A civic engagement tool that helps city leaders find smarter ways to engage with their communities, Polco can help you get the answers you need to lead with confidence.
ICMA-RC Retirement Security
ICMA-RC is a non-profit, independent financial services corporation focused on providing retirement plans and related services to civil servants. Founded in 1972, ICMA-RC works with public sector employees to help them build retirement security.
NLC Community Showcase Video Program
- The NLC Community Showcase Video Program, administered by CGI Communications, Inc. (CGI), will work with your city directly to add a variety of video features to the website that will showcase your city to visitors, communicate with residents and help attract and retain businesses.
- The Public Finance Authority (PFA) is a tax-exempt bond issuing authority that was created by local governments, for local governments, with the goal of increasing and streamlining economic development projects.
Build America Mutual
Build America Mutual (BAM) is NLC’s preferred provider of financial guaranty insurance on debt for its member municipalities. Launched in July 2012, BAM delivers substantial interest cost savings for issuers of municipal bonds and durable protection against loss for municipal bondholders.