The Community and Economic Development Committee is responsible for developing policy positions and leading NLC’s advocacy on issues involving housing, community and economic development, land use, recreation and parks, historic preservation, and international competitiveness. In addition, the Committee leads efforts in support of federal grant programs that support these activities, including the Community Development Block Grant program.
NLC’s Federal Advocacy Committee members include local elected officials and city staff from NLC member cities and towns across the country who are committed to discussing and influencing federal policy that has a direct and profound impact on local government operations.
- Chair: Tishaura Jones, Mayor City of St. Louis, MO
- Vice Chair: Patricia Lock Dawson, Mayor, City of Riverside, CA
- Vice Chair: Lacey Beaty, Mayor, City of Beaverton, OR
2023 Meetings and Events
- Congressional City Conference, March 24-28, Washington, DC
- Summer Leadership Meeting, Tacoma, WA
- City Summit, November 15-18, Atlanta, GA
View the policies and resolutions crafted by and voted on by the Community & Economic Development Committee:
View the full 2023 National Municipal Policy book containing each of the Federal Advocacy Committee chapters and resolutions.