The Community and Economic Development Committee is responsible for developing policy positions and leading NLC’s advocacy on issues involving housing, community and economic development, land use, recreation and parks, historic preservation, and international competitiveness. In addition, the Committee leads efforts in support of federal grant programs that support these activities, including the Community Development Block Grant program.
NLC’s Federal Advocacy Committee members include local elected officials and city staff from NLC member cities and towns across the country who are committed to discussing and influencing federal policy that has a direct and profound impact on local government operations.
- Chair: Sharon Weston Broome, Mayor-President, City of Baton Rouge, LA
- Vice Chair: Jaime Patino, Councilmember, City of Union City, CA
- Vice Chair: Richard Shaw, Councilmember, City of Huber Heights, OH
2022 Meetings and Events
- Congressional City Conference, March 12-16, Washington, DC
- Summer Leadership Meeting
- City Summit, November 15-19, Kansas City, MO
View the policies and resolutions crafted by and voted on by the Community & Economic Development Committee:
Click here to view the full 2022 National Municipal Policy book containing each of the Federal Advocacy Committee chapters and resolutions.