The Public Safety & Crime Prevention (PSCP) Committee is responsible for developing policy positions on issues involving crime prevention, corrections, substance abuse, municipal fire policy, juvenile justice, disaster preparedness and relief, homeland security, domestic terrorism, court systems and gun control.
NLC’s Federal Advocacy Committee members include local elected officials and city staff from NLC member cities and towns across the country who are committed to discussing and influencing federal policy that has a direct and profound impact on local government operations.
- Chair: Alan Wapner, Councilmember, Ontario, California
- Vice Chair: Sheri Lauritano, Councilmember, Goodyear, Arizona
Meetings & Events
- Congressional City Conference, March 7-10, Virtual
- Summer Board and Leadership Meeting, TBD
- City Summit, November 17-21, Salt Lake City, Utah
Policy & Resolutions
View the policies and resolutions crafted by and voted on by the Public Safety and Crime Prevention Committee:
Click here to view the full 2021 National Municipal Policy book containing each of the Federal Advocacy Committee chapters and resolutions.
Comments or Questions?
Legislative Director, Public Safety & Crime Prevention