The Public Safety & Crime Prevention (PSCP) Committee is responsible for developing policy positions on issues involving crime prevention, corrections, substance abuse, municipal fire policy, juvenile justice, disaster preparedness and relief, homeland security, domestic terrorism, court systems and gun control.
NLC’s Federal Advocacy Committee members include local elected officials and city staff from NLC member cities and towns across the country who are committed to discussing and influencing federal policy that has a direct and profound impact on local government operations.
- Chair: Joel Navarro, Councilmember, City of Tempe, AZ
- Vice Chair: Brian Kazy, Councilmember, City of Cleveland, OH
- Vice Chair: Willie Lightfoot, Council Vice President, City of Rochester, NY
2022 Meetings & Events
- Congressional City Conference, March 12-16, Washington, DC
- Summer Leadership Meeting, July 27-29, Atlanta, GA
- City Summit, November 15-19, Kansas City, MO
View the policies and resolutions crafted by and voted on by the Public Safety and Crime Prevention Committee:
Click here to view the full 2022 National Municipal Policy book containing each of the Federal Advocacy Committee chapters and resolutions.