The Transportation and Infrastructure Services (TIS) Committee is responsible for leading NLC’s policy development and advocacy on transportation for communities of all sizes. The committee advocates for federal funding opportunities for cities and towns, improving safety and connectivity, and leveraging innovation for all types of transportation. With the passage of historic bipartisan federal infrastructure programs, TIS is focused on the intergovernmental partnership needed to utilize direct competitive federal transportation programs, improve safety on our roads and sidewalks, and enhance the connectivity of regions with shared rail, transit and aviation options.
NLC’s Federal Advocacy Committee members include local elected officials and city staff from NLC member cities and towns across the country who are committed to discussing and influencing federal policy that has a direct and profound impact on local government operations.
- Chair: Kate Kruller, Council Member, City of Tukwila, WA
- Vice Chair: Dan Kealy, Council Member, City of Burnsville, MN
- Vice Chair: Vanessa Fuentes, Councilmember, City of Austin, TX
2023 Meetings and Events
- Congressional City Conference, March 24-28, Washington, DC
- Summer Leadership Meeting, Tacoma, WA
- City Summit, November 15-18, Atlanta, GA
View the policies and resolutions crafted by and voted on by the Transportation and Infrastructure Services Committee:
Click here to view the full 2023 National Municipal Policy book containing each of the Federal Advocacy Committee chapters and resolutions.