The Transportation and Infrastructure Services (TIS) Committee is responsible for leading NLC’s policy development and advocacy on transportation connectivity, including federal funding, safety and innovation in all modes of transportation. The Committee’s policy development includes working subcommittees on roads and bridges, transit, rail, aviation and ports as well as transportation technology. Through the Committee’s advocacy, NLC is a leading voice on fixing the Highway Trust Fund, integrating drones into the national airspace with FAA, and the national deployment of autonomous vehicles with USDOT, among many other smart city issues.
NLC’s Federal Advocacy Committee members include local elected officials and city staff from NLC member cities and towns across the country who are committed to discussing and influencing federal policy that has a direct and profound impact on local government operations.
- Chair: David Sander, Mayor, Rancho Cordova, California
- Vice Chair: Elaine Clegg, Council President, Boise, Idaho
- Vice Chair: Barbara Odom-Wesley, Councilmember, Arlington, Texas
2021 Meetings and Events
- Congressional City Conference, March 7-10, Virtual
- Summer Leadership Meeting, July 12-16, Virtual
- City Summit, November 17-21, Salt Lake City, Utah
View the policies and resolutions crafted by and voted on by the Transportation and Infrastructure Services Committee:
Click here to view the full 2021 National Municipal Policy book containing each of the Federal Advocacy Committee chapters and resolutions.
View More Actions: