Committing to Innovation and Entrepreneurship
The City Innovation Ecosystems program asks city leaders to commit to creating the right policies, programs and practices to ensure their communities can thrive in the global, innovation-driven economy. By making a public commitment to these goals, we believe that it empowers municipalities to:
- create a shared vision for local stakeholders to rally around
- position themselves as national leaders in the innovation economy
- successfully connect with the right resources, partners and information to help reach their needs and accomplish their goals
Now in its third year, this network has grown to include over 100 cities, 200 local partners, and $100 million in resources.
We believe entrepreneurship and small business ownership is a means to reduce income inequality. Not only does business ownership present a path to greater financial security, but its benefits also reach beyond the business owner, to the broader community.
There are 3 simple steps to joining the City Innovation Ecosystems
- Decide which program, policy or practice makes sense for your community from our comprehensive menu of interventions.
- Commit to your chosen initiative at Kauffman’s Mayors Conference.
- Participate in a year-long, light touch program to achieve a tangible outcome to drive inclusive economic development in your city.
Not sure which intervention is right for you? Take this self assessment.
Thanks to our partners
The City Innovation Ecosystems program is made possible in partnership with and support from Schmidt Futures and Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. Together, we help participating cities reach their goals by providing
- one-on-one calls, group calls, webinars, etc.
- seed implementation funding
- online and offline connections
Have another question about the CIE program that wasn’t answered here? Send us a message.