Commit to Innovation and Entrepreneurship
The City Innovation Ecosystems program asks city leaders to commit to creating the right policies, programs and practices that drive inclusive, entrepreneurship-led economic growth in their community. By making a public commitment to these goals, we believe municipalities are empowered to:
- create a shared vision for local stakeholders to rally around
- position themselves as national leaders in the innovation economy
- successfully connect with the right resources, partners and information to help reach their needs and accomplish their goals
Now in its third year, this network has grown to include over 150 cities, 200 local partners, and $100 million in resources.
We believe entrepreneurship and small business ownership is a means to reduce income inequality. Not only does business ownership present a path to greater financial security, but its benefits also reach beyond the business owner, to the broader community.
There are 3 simple steps to joining the City Innovation Ecosystems
- Decide which program, policy or practice makes sense for your community from our comprehensive menu of interventions.
- Commit to your chosen intervention at NLC’s City Summit.
- Participate in a year-long, light touch program to achieve a tangible outcome to drive inclusive economic development in your city.
Registration for CIE opens Monday, July 12, 2021.
Thanks to our partners
The City Innovation Ecosystems program is made possible in partnership with and support from Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. Together, we help participating cities reach their goals by providing
- one-on-one calls, group calls, webinars, etc.
- seed implementation funding
- online and offline connections
Interested in learning more?
To find out more about CIE interventions or the program in general, please fill out this interest form and a member of our team will be in touch.