Commit to Innovation and Entrepreneurship
The City Inclusive Entrepreneurship Network asks city leaders to commit to creating the right policies, programs and practices that drive inclusive, entrepreneurship-led economic growth in their community. By making a public commitment to these goals, we believe municipalities are empowered to:
- Create a shared vision for local stakeholders to rally around
- Position themselves as national leaders in the innovation economy
- Successfully connect with the right resources, partners and information to help reach their needs and accomplish their goals
“Now in its third year, this network has grown to include over 200 cities, 250 local partners, and $100 million in committed resources.”
We believe entrepreneurship and small business ownership is a means to reduce income inequality. Not only does business ownership present a path to greater financial security, but its benefits also reach beyond the business owner, to the broader community.
When you commit to CIE, you gain:
- Hands-On Assistance: Direct technical assistance via one-on-one quarterly coaching calls with NLC and/or Program Experts
- Peer Learning: Quarterly calls for cities to share best practices and review progress towards their commitments
- Recognition: Positive recognition and PR through NLC’s media channels
- Financial Support: Financial support of up to $15,000 in funding to help implement new commitment programs
There are 3 simple steps to joining the City Inclusive Entrepreneurship program:
- Decide which program, policy or practice makes sense for your community from our comprehensive menu of interventions.
- Commit to your chosen intervention at NLC’s City Summit.
- Participate in a year-long, light touch program to achieve a tangible outcome to drive inclusive economic development in your city.
Thanks to our partners
The City Inclusive Entrepreneurship program is made possible in partnership with and support from Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. Together, we help participating cities reach their goals by providing:
- One-on-one calls, group calls, webinars, etc.
- Seed implementation funding
- Online and offline connections
Interested in learning more?
To find out more about CIE interventions or the program in general, please fill out this interest form and a member of our team will be in touch.