We greatly appreciated the attendance and engagement at the “Public Sector Workforce Benefit: New Opportunities to Reduce Municipal Staff Student Loan Debt” webinar on August 25, 2022, hosted by the National League of Cities. We are also grateful to our panelists from the U.S. Department of Education and the Student Borrower Protection Center for their time and expertise.
The webinar recording is now available for viewing.
If you are interested in more information about other strategies that municipalities can implement to expand economic mobility for your staff, see NLC’s brief: Expanding Economic Mobility through the Municipal Workforce, Part of a Brief Series.
Resources from the webinar:
- U.S. Department of Education Office of Federal Student Aid resources:
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) waiver resources including toolkits – https://financialaidtoolkit.ed.gov/tk/announcement-detail.jsp?id=limited-pslf-waiver
- Targeted Debt Reduction Plan information – https://studentaid.gov/debt-relief-announcement/
Any questions or requests regarding the PSLF or waiver should be directed to FSAEngagement@ed.gov.
- Student Borrower Protection Center resources:
- PSLF Employer Toolkit includes steps that need to be taken, resources such as email templates, and tips to make sure your staff get their waiver in on time: https://forgivemystudentdebt.org/take-action/employer-toolkit/
- Borrower/Employee facing information: https://forgivemystudentdebt.org/