The National League of Cities (NLC) has elected the 2023 officers to lead its five constituency groups: Asian Pacific American Municipal Officials (APAMO), Hispanic Elected Local Officials (HELO), LGBTQ+ Local Officials (LGBTQ+LO), National Black Caucus of Local Elected Officials (NBC-LEO), and Women in Municipal Government (WIMG). Leaders were elected in November during the 2022 City Summit conference in Kansas City, MO.
“The unique perspectives and experiences that our constituency group leaders bring to NLC are essential to helping move our communities forward,” said NLC President Victoria Woodards, Mayor of Tacoma, WA. “I look forward to engaging with this year’s diverse group of officers, supporting their vision, and working together to solve major challenges facing our cities, towns, and villages across the country.”
Constituency groups are caucuses within NLC that serve as a platform for municipal leaders to network, share insights and expertise, and advocate for policies, programs, and resources that will continue to help their communities thrive. Each caucus reflects the diverse interests and backgrounds of NLC’s members and contributes to the organization’s leadership development, policy formulation, advocacy, and program activities.
The 2022-2023 officers for each constituency group are:
- President: Peter Kwon, Councilmember, SeaTac, WA
- Vice President: Susan Honda, Deputy Mayor, Federal Way, WA
- Secretary: Frank Aurelio Yokoyama, Councilmember, Cerritos, CA
- Treasurer: Mario Benavente, Councilmember, Fayetteville, NC
- President: Aidee Nieves, Council President, Bridgeport, CT
- First Vice President: Yolanda Trout-Manuel, Councilmember, Auburn, WA
- Second Vice President: Jaime Patiño, Vice Mayor, Union City, CA
- President: Victor Aguilar, Jr., Councilmember, San Leandro, CA
- First Vice President: Ty Stober, Mayor Pro Tem, Vancouver, WA
- Second Vice President: Jennifer Adams, Vice Mayor, Tempe, AZ
- Immediate Past President: Jeffrey Slavin, Mayor, Somerset, MD
- President: Aaron Banks, Councilmember, Jackson, MS
- First Vice President: Denise Mitchell, Mayor Pro Tem, College Park, MD
- Second Vice President: Derrick Wood, Mayor, Dumfries, VA
- Immediate Past President: Sharon Hurt, Councilmember, Nashville, TN
- President: Chrelle Booker, Mayor Pro Tem, Tryon, NC
- First Vice President: Yvette Colbourne, Vice Mayor, Miramar, FL
- Second Vice President: Dr. Adriana Rocha Garcia, Councilmember, San Antonio, TX
- Immediate Past President: Jan Arbuckle, Vice Mayor, Grass Valley, CA
The National League of Cities (NLC) is the voice of America’s cities, towns, and villages, representing more than 200 million people across the country. NLC works to strengthen local leadership, influence federal policy and drive innovative solutions. Stay connected with NLC on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.