NLC President and Los Angeles, California, President Pro Tempore Joe Buscaino has appointed a 14-member nominating committee and two alternates that will be responsible for recommending a slate of officers and board members to lead NLC in 2021. These leaders will be elected during the Annual Business Meeting at City Summit on Friday, November 20.
NLC Past President and Cleveland, Ohio, Councilmember Matt Zone will chair the committee, which includes 15 elected city officials and one state municipal league executive director.
Elected officials serving on the committee are:
- Jan Arbuckle, Councilmember, Grass Valley, California
- Robin Arredondo-Savage, Councilmember, Tempe, Arizona
- Amy Fowler, Councilmember, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Brent Jaramillo, Councilor, Questa, New Mexico
- Van Johnson, Mayor, Savannah, Georgia
- Carlie Jones, Councilmember, Forest Hill, Texas
- Benny Lee, Councilmember, San Leandro, California
- James Mitchell, Councilmember, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Mitch O’Farrell, Councilmember, Lost Angeles, California
- Stephanie Piko, Mayor, Centennial, Colorado
- Gilbert Villegas, Alderman, Chicago, Illinois
- Chasity Wells-Armstrong, Mayor, Kankakee, Illinois
- Janice Zahn, Councilmember, Bellevue, Washington
- Ron Nirenberg, Mayor, San Antonio, Texas (ALTERNATE)
- Vince Williams, Mayor, Union City, Georgia (ALTERNATE)
State municipal league executive director serving on the committee is:
- Dan Gilmartin, Executive Director, Michigan Municipal League
NLC is currently accepting applications for membership on its Constituency Groups, Federal Advocacy Committees and Member Councils.
The National League of Cities (NLC) is the voice of America’s cities, towns and villages, representing more than 200 million people across the country. NLC works to strengthen local leadership, influence federal policy and drive innovative solutions. Stay connected with NLC on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.