LOCAL VOICES, NATIONAL LEADERSHIP
Share your local experience for national impact by leading at NLC.
- Join NLC Board of Directors
- Lead a Federal Advocacy Committee and shape national municipal policy
- Lead a Member Council and connect with cities like yours
- Lead a Constituency Group and advocate for diversity and inclusion in cities
Serving as an NLC Officer, Board Member, Vice Chair, Chair or Constituency Group Leader is one of the most rewarding ways for you as a municipal leader to bring your expertise to the service of cities, towns and villages at the national level. Represent your community and contribute your voice to the direction of the National League of Cities and even national municipal policy.
You can apply for up to three different groups (applications open August 3).
Board of Directors
Serving on the NLC Board is one of the most rewarding ways for you as a municipal leader to bring your expertise to the service of cities, towns, and villages at the national level.
Federal Advocacy Committees
- Community & Economic Development
- Energy, Environment & Natural Resources
- Finance Administration & Intergovernmental Relations
- Human Development
- Information Technology & Communications
- Public Safety & Crime Prevention
- Transportation & Infrastructure Services
- First Tier Suburbs Council
- Large Cities Council
- Military Communities Council
- Small Cities Council
- University Communities Council
- Council on Youth, Education, and Families
- Race, Equity and Leadership (REAL) Council
- Asian Pacific American Municipal Officials (APAMO)
- Hispanic Elected Local Officials (HELO)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Local Officials (LGBTLO)
- National Black Caucus of Local Elected Officials (NBC-LEO)
- Women in Municipal Government (WIMG)
How To Apply
Leadership applications: August 3 – September 21
- Login to your MyNLC account and update your profile. Important sections to update:
- full profile
- contact information
- expertise and interests
- Note: MyNLC account must be for applicant.
- Update your professional resume and biography.
Not sure if you have an NLC account? Please contact NLC Membership for verification at email@example.com.
To be eligible to serve in a leadership position, the applicant must:
- Submit an application form electronically by Sept. 21, 2021 for any available position.
- Be from an NLC direct member city.
- Be a current member of NLC, with up-to-date and paid membership dues and activity fees when applicable at time of application.
Get more information on NLC’s Board of Directors
Find out about the role for board members, board committees and more.