Nominate Someone for the WIMG Leadership Award
Applications are now open for the Women in Municipal Government Leadership Awards!
Each year, WIMG and NLC recognize an individual for initiating creative and successful programs in municipal government that help their community, particularly if the leadership serves as a specific mentoring model for future female leaders. City staff, constituents and fellow elected officials are encouraged to nominate a leader who fits this description!
Our goal is to promote more representation of women in local government and to encourage more women to run for elected municipal office.
Nominations must be submitted by October 4, 2019.
Do you know someone who is passionate about their work? Someone who has created a successful program in their community? We want to hear about their achievements.
The Leadership Award is open to all female members of NLC. The nominee is not required to be a member of the Women in Municipal Government constituency group.
Here the requirements:
- The nominee must be a female elected official who has demonstrated excellence in leadership and worked to help other individuals strive to achieve similar goals.
- The nominee must be a female elected official who has been actively involved with the National League of Cities or a state municipal league.
- The nominee must be a local elected female official from an NLC member city.
- The nominee must have served in a municipal elected office for at least two years.
- The nominee must be nominated by a colleague, constituent, or organization.
Ready to nominate? Download guidelines and suggestions on formulating the nomination statement.
Finalists for the award will be announced in advance of the NLC City Summit, November 20-23, 2019, in San Antonio, Texas.
The winner will be announced and honored along with the other finalists during the annual WIMG Luncheon and Membership Meeting that takes place during the conference.
All award finalists should plan to travel to Los Angeles to be present for the award presentation. All award nominees and finalists are advised to pay their WIMG dues and fees (which include the luncheon ticket fee) or purchase their separate luncheon tickets for themselves and registered delegate guests in advance of the luncheon event.
There will be national media coverage of this event along with photos and news features about the award presentation in NLC’s electronic member publication The Weekly and on the NLC website at www.nlc.org.