Hosted by the Local Government Legal Center (LGLC), join legal experts in a discussion of the Supreme Court’s important decisions of the term impacting local governments. The Supreme Court will rule on several monumental cases this term, including on issues related to:
- Whether the First Amendment allows for exceptions to anti-discrimination ordinances
- The Independent State Legislature Theory
- A new test for Waters of the United States
- An important Title VII / employment law case
- And more
The LGLC is a coalition of national local government organizations formed in 2023 by the National Association of Counties (NACo), National League of Cities (NLC) and International Municipal Lawyers Association (IMLA) to provide education to local governments regarding the Supreme Court and its impact on local governments and local officials and to advocate for local government positions at the Supreme Court in appropriate cases. Visit the Local Government Legal Center to learn more.
- Aileen McGrath, Partner at Akin Gump. Drafted an amicus brief on behalf of NLC and IMLA in 303 Creative v. Elenis.
- John Korzen, the Director of Appellate Advocacy Clinic at Wake Forest Law School. Drafted an amicus brief on behalf of NLC, NACo, and IMLA in Moore v. Harper and NLC and IMLA in National Pork Producers Council v. Ross.