This second Listening Session of the NLC Reimagining Public Safety Task Force, in collaboration with John Jay College of Criminal Justice, focused on policies and practices that increase accountability across the public safety spectrum. Through a spotlight on the City of Newark, New Jersey – followed by an expert panel – topics like training, recruitment, civilian review, qualified immunity, community engagement, and more, were highlighted.
- Mayor Sharon Weston Broome, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Mayor Ras Baraka, Newark, New Jersey
- Commissioner Dermot F. Shea, NYPD
- Rev. Kirsten John Foy, Northeast Regional Director, National Action Network
- Karol Mason, President of John Jay College of Criminal Justice