The National League of Cities’ Re-Imagining Public Safety Task Force aims to set a re-visioned public safety agenda for America’s cities. Made up of 25 local elected officials and chaired by Mayor David Holt (Oklahoma City, OK) and Mayor Ras Baraka (Newark, NJ), the Task Force aims to release a recommendations report in the Fall of 2021.
During this second Reimagining Public Safety Task Force listening session on April 27, 2021, speakers reviewed issues and options for cities advancing equitable approaches to public safety through holding law enforcement agencies, elected officials, systems, and officers accountable for public safety results.
- Mayor Sharon Weston Broome, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Mayor Ras Baraka, Newark, New Jersey
- Commissioner Dermot F. Shea, NYPD
- Rev. Kirsten John Foy, Northeast Regional Director, National Action Network
- Karol Mason, President of John Jay College of Criminal Justice