Join the First Tier Suburbs (FTS) Council for its bi-monthly council meeting Friday September 23, 2022, at 3:00 pm ET to explore the Downtown Mesquite Development Program: A Volunteer-Driven Approach to Revitalization.
Learn how community partners and stakeholders embarked on an ambitious journey to rejuvenate Mesquite, TX’s historic downtown—injecting vibrancy back into the heart of their community.
Speakers will include:
- Beverly Abell, Development Manager, Downtown Mesquite
- James Johnson, Development Coordinator, Downtown Mesquite
This meeting is open to all NLC members.
About First Tier Suburbs
The First Tier Suburbs Council is open to any local elected official and staff representing a suburb outside of a metropolis and inside rural areas. Participants share ideas and creative solutions to challenges affecting suburbs. Participation in the Council ensures that the unique needs of First Tier Suburbs are reflected in NLC’s advocacy efforts and policy discussions.
Council meetings occur bi-monthly on the odd number of months (Jan, March, May, etc.) The meetings occur virtually via Zoom and in-person during NLC Conferences.
To join the First Tier Suburbs Council or for questions regarding this month’s FTS Council Meeting, please email our membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org and include First Tier Suburbs in the subject line.
Council meeting occurred on July 5, 2022, at 3:00 pm EST (US and Canada)
This meeting featured guest speaker Krista Nightengale, Executive Director of BETTER BLOCK – a nonprofit that educates, equips, and empowers communities and their leaders to reshape and reactivate built environments to promote the growth of healthy and vibrant neighborhoods.
- Guest Speaker – Krista Nightengale, Executive Director, BETTER BLOCK
- Chair – Ty Stober, Mayor Pro Tem, City of Vancouver, WA
- Vice-Chair – Marlo Alston, Councilmember, City of Centennial, CO
- Vice-Chair – Kris Dahir, Councilman, City of Sparks, NV
- NLC Board Liaison – John Goodhouse, Councilmember, City of Tigard, OR
- FTS Council Staff Liaison – Kirk H. Ross, Membership Engagement Manager
- NLC Federal Advocacy Liaison – Brittney D. Kohler, Legislative Director, Transportation & Infrastructure Services