This guide outlines some of the most impactful ways that local governments can work with their state governments to prepare and defend against cyberattacks. Strategies discussed in this guide include:
- Mandatory breach reporting;
- State training initiatives;
- Cybersecurity Task Forces, Working Groups, and Councils;
- State and Local Shared Cybersecurity Services; and
- Non-Government Cybersecurity Partners.
The report also includes profiles of effective city-state partnerships from across the country. As cities, towns and villages continue to be on the frontlines of cyberattacks, a collaborative approach between cities and states, together with Federal and university partners, can lead to a stronger national cybersecurity infrastructure in the face of growing threats.