State and Local Partnerships for Cybersecurity
This guide outlines some of the most impactful ways that local governments can work with their state governments to prepare and defend again cyberattacks. Strategies discussed in this guide include:
- Mandatory breach reporting;
- State training initiatives;
- Cybersecurity Task Forces, Working Groups, and Councils;
- State and Local Shared Cybersecurity Services; and
- Non-Government Cybersecurity Partners.
The report also includes profiles of effective city-state partnerships from across the country. As cities, towns and villages continue to be on the frontlines of cyberattacks, a collaborative approach between cities and states, together with Federal and university partners, can lead to a stronger national cybersecurity infrastructure in the face of growing threats.