Mayors and city leaders play a pivotal role in the overall health and well-being of the cities and towns they serve. Across the county, city leaders are taking action to address the underlying factors that influence health and improve the environments where their residents live, learn, work and play. This seminar is designed to build capacity of city leaders to work across city agencies and engage multi-sector partners to adopt an integrated approach to governing that is data-driven and more comprehensively focuses on health. Additionally, participants will be exposed to a variety of financing strategies that cities can leverage to support and sustain their efforts to build healthier communities.
- Julie Willems Van Dijk | Associate Scientist and Director - County Health Rankings & Roadmaps Program
- Kathryn Pettit | Senior Research Associate in the Metropolitan Housing and Communities Policy Center - Urban Institute
- John Chesser | Enterprise Management Analyst - Mecklenburg County; Charlotte, NC
- Dr. Janet A. Phoenix | Assistant Research Professor - George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health
- Karen Seaver Hill | Director - Children’s Hospital Association
2017 Congressional City Conference | Washington, DC | Pre-Conference Seminar Presentations