Public Safety & Crime Prevention Committee Presentations
Related presentations, including those given by featured guests at Policy & Advocacy Committee meetings.
Grant Funding Update
The COPS Office is pleased to announce that the COPS Hiring Program (CHP) grant funding solicitation is now open and accepting applications.
The 2016 COPS Hiring Program is a competitive grant program that funds the hiring or rehiring of law enforcement officers. CHP provides 75 percent of the approved entry-level salaries and fringe benefits of each newly hired and/or rehired full-time officer, up to $125,000 per officer position, over the three-year (36-month) grant period.
Applications are due by June 23, 2016 at 7:59 PM EDT.
Please click here for more information on the 2016 COPS Hiring Program.
Please contact the COPS Office Communications Division at (202) 514-9079 if you have any questions.
U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing
The Need to Reform Asset Forfeiture
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Presiding: Chairman Grassley
A Bipartisan Summit on Criminal Justice Reform
Thursday, March 26, 2015
Secretary Jeh Johnson
Department of Homeland Security
NLC's Congressional Cities Conference
March 9, 2015
PSCP Policy and Advocacy & Steering Committee Meeting, March 8, 2015
- Meeting Summary
PSCP Summer Policy Forum - Saint Paul, Minnesota, July 2014
- Putting the Community in Policing - Todd A. Miller, Director of Public Safety, City of Mankato, Minnesota and Chair of the International Association of Chiefs of Police's (IACP) Community Oriented Policing Committee
- Balancing Public Safety and Privacy Rights in the Digital Age - Benjamin Feist, Legislative Director for American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Minnesota
- Ramsey County Mental Health Court:Working with the Mentally Ill Defendant - Judge William H. Leary, III, Judge John H. Guthmann and Brandi Stavlo with the Minnesota Judicial Branch 2nd District Mental Health Court Program
- Building Supportive Communities For Youth and Youth Coordinating Board Downtown Youth Worker Engagement Project - Josh Peterson, Youth Intervention and Outreach Coordinator, Minneapolis Health Department
- FirstNet Update July 2014 and Fact Sheet for Elected Officials- Scott Somers, PSCP Chair and Councilmember, Mesa, Arizona