Washington, D.C.⏤NLC President and Tacoma, Washington, Mayor Victoria Woodards has appointed the 2023 Nominating Committee to recommend a slate of officers and board members to lead NLC in 2024. These leaders will be elected during the Annual Business Meeting at City Summit on Saturday, November 18.
NLC’s Immediate Past President and Union City, Georgia, Mayor Vince Williams, will chair the committee, including elected officials and state municipal league directors.
Elected officials serving on the committee are:
- David Baker, Councilmember, Kenmore, Washington
- Andrea Barefield, Councilmember, Waco, Texas
- Aditi Bussells, Councilmember, Columbia, South Carolina
- Jolien Caraballo, Vice Mayor, Port St. Lucie, Florida
- Martha Castex-Tatum, Vice Mayor Pro Tem, Houston, Texas
- Adriana Rocha Garcia, Councilmember, San Antonio, Texas
- Shannon Hardin, Council President, Columbus, Ohio
- Kevin Kramer, Councilmember, Louisville, Kentucky
- Matt Orlando, Vice Mayor, Chandler, Arizona
- Shawyn Patterson-Howard, Mayor, Mount Vernon, New York
- Gabe Quinto, Councilmember, El Cerrito, California
- Sharon Weston Broome,Mayor-President,Baton Rouge, Louisiana (ALTERNATE)
The state municipal league executive directors serving on the committee are:
- Kevin Bommer,Executive Director, Colorado Municipal League
- Deanna Dawson, Chief Executive Officer, Association of Washington Cities
The National League of Cities (NLC) is the voice of America’s cities, towns and villages, representing more than 200 million people across the country. NLC works to strengthen local leadership, influence federal policy and drive innovation solutions. Stay connected with NLC on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.