NLC President and Gary, Indiana, Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson has appointed a 14-member nominating committee that will be responsible for recommending a slate of officers and board members to lead NLC in 2020. These leaders will be elected during the Annual Business Meeting at City Summit in San Antonio, Texas, on Saturday, November 23, 2019.
NLC Past President and Cleveland, Ohio, Councilmember Matt Zone will chair the committee, which includes 12 elected city officials and two state municipal league executive directors.
Elected officials serving on the committee are:
- Victor Aguilar, Councilmember, San Leandro, California
- Melodee Colbert-Kean, Councilmember, Joplin, Missouri
- John Kinnaird, Councilmember, Waco, Texas
- Benny Lee, Councilmember, San Leandro, California
- Chokwe Lumumba, Mayor, Jackson, Mississippi
- Kathy Maness, Councilmember, Lexington, South Carolina
- Felicia Moore, Council President, Atlanta, Georgia
- Stephanie Meyer, Councilmember, Shawnee, Kansas
- Sean Polster, Councilmember At-Large, Warrenton, Virginia
- Andy Ryder, Mayor, Lacey, Washington
- Spencer Thibodeau, Councilmember, Portland, Maine
- Steve Williams, Mayor, Huntington, West Virginia
State municipal league executive directors serving on the committee are:
- Maura Carroll, Executive Director, Vermont League of Cities and Towns
- Mike Cully, Executive Director, League of Oregon Cities
The committee will hold a public hearing to receive nominations during the 2019 City Summit on Thursday, November 21, 2019.
Additionally, applications for leadership positions on NLC member councils, constituency groups or policy committees will open on Tuesday, October 22, 2019.