Federal Advocacy 101
As a city official, it is critical to be able to effectively advocate on behalf of your city to members of Congress. This course will equip you with the tools and tactics you need to work effectively within and through the legislative process, while exhibiting a sense of responsibility to your constituents. You will learn the best ways to develop productive working relationships with your legislators and their staff, how to craft a clear and compelling advocacy message that will resonate with members of Congress, and how to enhance your written and verbal communication skills to improve your advocacy efforts. By the end of this course, you should feel confident and enthusiastic about your ability to be a strong and effective advocate for your city.
- Lesson 1: Advocacy Overview
- Lesson 2: Define Your Community Needs and Goals
- Lesson 3: Get to Know Your Legislators and Their Staff
- Lesson 4: Build Your Message
- Lesson 5: Deliver Your Message
- Lesson 6: Keep Your Legislators’ Attention
- Lesson 7: Wrapping Up
Course Access Coming Soon.