The pandemic and the economic contraction that followed over the last 18 months had devastating consequences for our nation’s cities, towns, and villages. In just the first few months of the COVID-19 pandemic, all revenue gains cities had made for the year were wiped out. Although significant, these losses pale in comparison to what could have been without federal intervention. Join us to learn about this year’s analysis of City Fiscal Conditions and reflections from those in communities that were affected.
- Clarence Anthony, CEO and Executive Director, National League of Cities
- Christiana K. McFarland, PhD, National League of Cities
- Michael A. Pagano, PhD, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Marisa Waxman, Budget Director, City of Philadelphia
- Andrew Dudas, Budget Director, City of Cincinnati
- Susan Gooding-Liburd, Chief Financial Officer, City of Miramar, FL