In an era where states are actively targeting the LGBTQ+ community, cities and local leaders have stepped up to take on an important leadership role to create meaningful change. Georgia, in particular, has witnessed a remarkable display of leadership as cities and counties have taken proactive measures to counter the state’s lack of protections for LGBTQ+ individuals. Doraville, following in Atlanta’s footsteps, pioneered a path by successfully implementing non-discrimination ordinances—marking a significant milestone nearly two decades later.
On Thursday, June 22 at 3:00 PM ET, join NLC for an enlightening discussion, highlighting city leaders who have navigated these challenges and championed the cause of LGBTQ+ rights in Georgia and those taking tremendous strides to shape a more inclusive and equitable future for all.
- Victor Aguilar, Councilmember, City of San Leandro, CA; President NLC LGBTQ+ Local Officials
- Annise Parker, President and CEO, The Victory Institute
- Joseph Geierman, Mayor, City of Doraville, GA
- Liliana Bakhtiari, Councilmember, City of Atlanta, GA
- Stephe Koontz, Councilmember, City of Doraville, GA
- Brian Mock, Mayor, City of Chamblee, GA