As a part of The Institute for Youth, Education and Families ongoing work with the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation’s Safety and Justice Challenge, we are launching the Municipal Reentry Leaders Network (MRLN) on Thursday April 21, 2022, at 1:00 pm EST.
The MRLN is a unique collaborative that calls upon city leaders, higher education institutions, and community-based organizations to commit to adopt and support strategies to improve services for those transitioning from incarceration back to their communities based on the recommendations of the recently released brief: The Challenge and Promise of Reentry.
If you are a city, town, or village leader looking to start or strengthen your reentry program, join us to:
- Learn about promising reentry approaches in other jurisdictions
- Track federal policy developments & budget trends
- Connect regularly with fellow reentry program leaders and those with lived experience
- Collaborate across working groups around reimagined approaches to reentry
- Obtain referrals to and hear from experts
- Cross-connect and align reentry initiatives with other public safety initiatives