As part of the Institute for Youth, Education and Families ongoing work with the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation’s Safety and Justice Challenge, we launched the Municipal Reentry Leaders Network (MRLN) on August 18, 2022.
The MRLN is a unique collaborative that calls upon city leaders, higher education institutions, and community-based organizations to commit to adopt and support strategies to improve services for those transitioning from incarceration back to their communities based on the recommendations of the recently released brief: The Challenge and Promise of Reentry.
If you are a city, town or village leader looking to start or strengthen your reentry program, join us to:
- Learn about promising reentry approaches in other jurisdictions
- Track federal policy developments & budget trends
- Connect regularly with fellow reentry program leaders and those with lived experience
- Collaborate across working groups around reimagined approaches to reentry
- Obtain referrals to and hear from experts
- Cross-connect and align reentry initiatives with other public safety initiatives
NLC hosts a meeting for local leaders interested in strengthening their reentry program. Feel free to register and join the conversation.
- Thursday, April 20th 1 pm ET
- Thursday, June 15th 1 pm ET
- Thursday, August 17th 1 pm ET