Beyond providing educational opportunities and bridges into promising careers to city residents, community colleges are a core part of the fabric of the communities they’re a part of. From supporting local businesses, to providing arts and cultural amenities to all residents, community colleges are often an untapped engine of community growth. Interested in partnering with your local postsecondary institution, but don’t know where to start? Join the National League of Cities for a celebration of community college month as we highlight outstanding examples of city-community college partnerships that set students up for career success.
Speakers will include:
- Dr. Mildred Coyne, Senior Vice President, Workforce Education and Innovation, Broward College
- Dr. Jennifer Saint Louis, Associate Vice President, Partnership Impact, Broward College
- The Honorable Michelle J. Gomez, Mayor, City of Tamarac, FL
- The Honorable Hazelle P. Rogers, Mayor, City of Lauderdale Lakes, FL
- The Honorable Vice Mayor Melissa P. Dunn, Vice Mayor, City of Lauderhill, FL
This event will focus on how colleges and cities are working together to help students attain credentials and find high-quality jobs that lead to fulfilling careers. During this one-hour event, participants will:
- Hear from both community college and city leaders regarding how they have built and sustained successful and mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Learn about how city-community college partnerships can aid in the economic development of a city while building local career pathways for residents.
- Discover innovative examples of how both city and college resources can be leveraged to support degree completion and career development.
- Gain access to new resources and tools to help build successful city-college partnerships.
Please join NLC on April 28th, 2022 at 3:00 pm EST to hear more about how your city can build and strengthen its college partnerships!