Too often Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), women, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and other historically marginalized groups are excluded from the opportunity to start and grow businesses. City leaders have the responsibility to take meaningful action across entrepreneur ecosystems to lower barriers and expand opportunities available to a diverse set of business founders and owners.
This webinar will highlight findings from a forthcoming action guide, A Roadmap to Inclusive Entrepreneurship, which outlines discrete recommendations that, taken together, can build more inclusive, dynamic and sustainable entrepreneur ecosystems in the wake of the pandemic and recent calls for racial justice.
- Bruce Katz, Founding Director, Nowak Metro Finance Lab
- Renata B. Kowalczyk, CEO, Wilmington Alliance
- Charisse Conanan Johnson, Managing Partner, Next Street
- Della Clark, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Enterprise Center
- Brooks Rainwater, Senior Executive & Director, Center for City Solutions, National League of Cities
- Jenn Steinfeld, Director, Entrepreneurship & Economic Development, National League of Cities