Cities and the Opioid Crisis Briefing: A Mayor’s Perspective
The opioid epidemic in the United States touches every community and every stage of life. An effective response by municipal leaders requires a comprehensive, multi-sector approach. Fortunately, mayors and city officials are already taking action, often working closely with community partners, counties and state Medicaid programs.
Please join the National League of Cities and mayors from across the country as they discuss their on-the-ground prevention, treatment, and recovery solutions, as well as their thoughts on how the federal government can play an active role.
Special Guest: Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV)
Featured Panelists Include:
- Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson, Gary, Indiana, and First Vice President, National League of Cities
- Mayor Madeline Rogero, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Mayor Steve Williams, Huntington, West Virginia
- Irma Esparza Diggs, Senior Executive and Director, Federal Advocacy, National League of Cities
- James A. Brooks, Director, City Solutions, National League of Cities
- Carol McDaid, Principal, Capital Decisions, Inc.
Light breakfast will be served.
This event adheres to both the House and Senate Ethics Committees’ guidelines regarding widely attended events.