NLC President Ralph Becker Announces 2015 Nominating Committee
National League of Cities (NLC) President Ralph Becker, mayor, Salt Lake City, Utah, has appointed a 15-member Nominating Committee that will be responsible for recommending officers and board members to lead NLC in 2016. These leaders will be elected during the Annual Business Meeting at the Congress of Cities Conference in Nashville, Tenn., on Saturday, November 7, 2015.
NLC Past President Christopher Coleman, mayor of Saint Paul, Minn., will chair the committee, which includes 12 elected city officials and two state municipal league executive directors.
Elected officials serving on the committee are:
· Andy Berke, mayor, Chattanooga, Tenn.
· Darius Brown, councilmember, Wilmington, Del.
· Sue Chan, vice mayor, Fremont, Calif.
· Ronald Green, city controller, Houston, Texas
· Kevin Kramer, councilmember, Louisville, Ken.
· Kathy Maness, councilmember, Lexington, S.C.
· Lydia Martinez, councilmember, Bridgeport, Conn.
· Lawana Mayfield, councilmember, Charlotte, N.C.
· Jermaine Reed, councilmember, Kansas City, Mo.
· Ivy Taylor, mayor, San Antonio, Texas
· Oscar Trevino, mayor, North Richland Hills, Texas
· Nan Whaley, mayor, Dayton, Ohio
The state municipal league executive directors serving on the committee are:
· Christopher McKenzie, executive director, League of California Cities
· Kimberly Winn, executive director, Virginia Municipal League
The alternate for the committee is Matt Zone, councilmember, Cleveland, Ohio.
The committee will hold a public hearing to receive nominations during the Nashville Congress of Cities on Thursday, November 5, 2015. Candidates should submit an application to serve as an NLC Officer or Member of the Board of Directors. The application must be received by the NLC Executive Office no later than October 14, 2015. All applications must be submitted electronically.
Please click here to access the application and to download the Candidate Information Packet.