NLC President Melodee Colbert-Kean Announces 2016 Nominating Committee
NLC President and Joplin, Missouri, Councilmember Melodee Colbert-Kean has appointed a 15-member nominating committee with one alternate that will be responsible for recommending a slate of officers and board members to lead NLC in 2017. These leaders will be elected during the Annual Business Meeting at the City Summit in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, on Saturday, November 19, 2016.
NLC Past President and St. Paul, Minnesota, Mayor Christopher Coleman will chair the committee, which includes 12 elected city officials and three state municipal league executive directors.
Elected officials serving on the committee are:
- Chris Anderson, Councilmember, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Milta Feliciano, Councilmember, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- Patricia Lockwood, Mayor Pro Tem, Fenton, Michigan
- Jesse Matthews, Councilmember, Bessemer, Alabama
- Audwin Samuel, Councilmember, Beaumont, Texas
- Gabe Santos, Councilmember, Longmont, Colorado
- Mark Stodola, Mayor, Little Rock, Arkansas (Alternate)
- Jenni Tan, Council President, West Linn, Oregon
- Priscilla Tyson, Council President Pro Tempore, Columbus, Ohio
- Randal Wallace, Councilmember, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Nan Whaley, Mayor, Dayton, Ohio
- Lavonta Williams, Councilmember, Wichita, Kansas
The state municipal league executive directors serving on the committee are:
- Alan Kemp, Executive Director, Iowa League of Cities
- Bennett Sandlin, Executive Director, Texas Municipal League
- Kimberly Winn, Executive Director, Virginia Municipal League
The committee will hold a public hearing to receive nominations during the 2016 City Summit on Thursday, November 17, 2016. Candidates should submit an application to serve as an NLC Officer or Member of the Board of Directors. The application must be received by the NLC Executive Office no later than October 14, 2016. All applications must be submitted electronically. Click here to access the application and to download the Candidate Information Packet.