NLC President Announces 2014 Nominating Committee
NLC President Marie Lopez Rogers, mayor, Avondale, Arizona, has appointed a 15-member Nominating Committee that will be responsible for recommending a slate of Officers and Board members to lead NLC in 2014. These leaders will be elected during the Annual Business Meeting at the Congress of Cities and Exposition in Seattle, Washington, on Saturday afternoon, November 16,2013.
NLC Immediate Past President Ted Ellis, mayor, Bluffton, Indiana, will chair the committee, which includes 11 elected city officials and three state municipal league executive directors.
Elected officials serving on the committee are:
- Ron Garcia, Mayor, City of Brea, California
- Elvi Gray-Jackson, Assembly Member, City-County of Anchorage, Alaska
- R. Michael Kasperzak, Jr., Councilmember, City of Mountain View, California
- Patsy Kinsey, Mayor, City of Charlotte, North Carolina
- Evan Low, Mayor, City of Campbell, California
- Kathy Maness, Council Member, Town of Lexington, South Carolina
- Joel Navarro, Councilmember, City of Tempe, Arizona
- Alice Rodriguez, Council Member, City of Waco, Texas
- Audwin Samuel, Councilmember, City of Beaumont, Texas
- Kay Senter, Councilmember, City of Morristown, Tennessee
- Bernita Sims, City of High Point, North Carolina
The state municipal league directors are:
- Dan Gilmartin, Executive Director & CEO, Michigan Municipal League
- L. Lynn Rex, Executive Director, Nebraska League of Municipalities
- Ken Strobeck, Executive Director, League of Arizona Cities and Towns
The committee will hold a public hearing to receive nominations during the Seattle Congress of Cities on Thursday, November 14. Candidates must submit a Candidate Data Form, which provides information about their candidacy, to be received by NLC no later than October 16, 2013. All applications must be submitted electronically.
Please click here for more information about running for office and to download the Candidate Information Packet.