Complying with the Affordable Care Act: A Guide for Cities
The recent decision by the U.S. Supreme Court to uphold the Affordable Care Act (ACA) means that employers, including cities and towns, must soon begin efforts to comply with the law. Time is of the essence, as all of the provisions of the Affordable Care Act will go into effect by January 1, 2014 - less than 16 months away.
As part of its ongoing efforts to help cities and towns comply with the ACA, NLC will host a free webinar entitled "Complying with the Affordable Care Act: A Guide for Cities" on Tuesday, September 11 at 12 noon EDT. The webinar is designed to answer many of the fundamental questions and concerns that cities and towns have regarding the health care law. The presenters, attorneys Rita Patel and Paolo Pasicolan of the law firm of DLA Piper, are experts on the law and will provide participants with a very clear picture of what cities must do to comply with the ACA. They, along with NLC staff, will also be on hand to answer frequently asked questions, such as:
- Will the law change the way my city provides health insurance?
- Will every resident of my city be required to have health insurance?
- My city is considered a large employer. Will my city have to provide its employees with health insurance?
- My city is a considered a small employer. What does that mean for my employees and the way that I provide health insurance?
- We have heard a lot of discussion about the "Exchanges." What are they and how would the exchange in my state effect my employees?
- What must the health insurance include that my city provides to our workers?
- What other changes in health insurance will be coming by 2014 that my city should be aware of?
- What changes should my city or town have already implemented to be in compliance with the ACA?
To provide additional ACA resources, NLC has also established a dedicated website to provide the most up-to-date information, including newly-released regulations, related news articles and other information that will help ensure that cities remain in compliance with the health care law.
Details: To register for the webinar, visit Complying with the Affordable Care Act: A Guide for Cities.