Application for Constituency Group
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN JOINING AN NLC Constituency Group!
Constituency Groups are caucuses within the National League of Cities membership that share common interests and concerns. They reflect the diverse interests and backgrounds of NLC's membership and contribute to NLC's leadership development, policy formulation, advocacy, and program activities.
Local elected officials wishing to join any of our five constituency groups should complete the application PDF form, linked below, and then either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to the address included at the bottom of the form.
Want to Lead a Constituency Group?
Serving in a leadership position through one of NLC’s constituency groups is one of the most rewarding ways for you as a municipal leader to bring your expertise to the service of cities and towns at the national level. By representing your city or town and contributing your voice, you have the opportunity to impact the actions of the National League of Cities as they help to shape the direction of the organization and even national policy. Applications are available now to serve on the board of directors for the following NLC Constituency Groups: HELO, LGBTLO, NBC-LEO, and WIMG.
To be eligible to serve on the board of directors for any of these constituency groups, the applicant must:
- Submit an application form electronically (see below) by October 13, 2017. Please note that applications will not be accepted onsite at City Summit;
- Be from an NLC direct or affiliate member city;
- Be a current member of the constituency group to which you are applying, with up-to-date and paid membership dues and activity fees at time of application;
- Be actively engaged in the constituency group to which you are applying;
- If elected, attend at least two business meetings annually and participate regularly in working groups and conference calls.
APAMO is not currently accepting leadership applications, as the group will not be confirming a new board until the Congressional City Conference in March 2018. Thank you for your interest though!
Contact Anna Lopez-Buck (email@example.com) with questions.
Comments or Questions?