VIOLENCE REDUCTION: COMPREHENSIVE PLANNING AND FUNDING STRATEGIES
Participants will learn how to develop community-anchored violence and gun violence reduction initiatives and marshal the resources to build and sustain them.
Participants will develop skills to:
• Clarify desired results and develop balanced, comprehensive strategies
• Engage the right partners, including non-traditional stakeholders
• Present a strong case for investment
• Evaluate potential funding strategies and opportunities to “blend” and “braid” funding from multiple sources, and
• Build a leadership structure that sustains and improves the city’s efforts over time.
Trainers: John A. “Jack” Calhoun & Andrew O. Moore | Institute for Youth, Education and Families | National League of Cities
2013 Congressional City Conference | Washington, DC | Pre-Conference Seminar Presentations