Congressional City Conference
Every March, the National League of Cities hosts the Congressional City Conference (CCC) in Washington, D.C. CCC draws thousands of elected and appointed city leaders from across the country to network, learn and discuss important issues that are affecting their community.
As part of this multi-day event, NLC hosts our Capitol Hill Advocacy Day where CCC attendees are given the opportunity to meet with their congressional delegation and directly advocate for city priorities.
The National League of Cities (NLC) is dedicated to helping city leaders build better communities. Working in partnership with the 49 state municipal leagues, NLC serves as a resource to and an advocate for the more than 19,000 cities, villages and towns it represents.
The 2018 CCC will be held March 11-14, 2018. NLC’s Capitol Hill Advocacy Day will take place on Wednesday, March 14, 2018.
Scope of Work
- Identify meetings to schedule based on NLC’s Capitol Hill Advocacy Day registrants list.
- Schedule 150 group meetings with House and Senate Members of Congress and staff for participants of NLC’s 2018 Capitol Hill Advocacy Day on March 14.
- Attend weekly meetings with NLC staff to share the progress of meetings scheduled and challenges encountered.
- Provide access to a real-time scheduling site.
- Provide personalized attendee schedules for each participant.
- Assist in the staffing of NLC’s Advocacy Central desk at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park hotel on March 11, 12, and 13 and NLC’s office on March 14 to disseminate schedules and answer questions.
- Provide a 24-hour contact for all participants to utilize if any schedules need adjustments or issues arise.
- A brief history of the respondent’s organization and an overview of how the respondent will deliver the items included in the scope of work.
- Examples or case studies of work done for other clients with similar events.
- Example of scheduling requests sent to congressional offices.
- Example of participant schedule and real-time site.
- Price structure.
Proposals must be delivered by email in PDF format to Ashley Smith, NLC Senior Associate for Grassroots Advocacy at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 PM EST on Tuesday, November 10, 2017.
- Release of RFP: October 20, 2017
- Proposals due: November 10, 2017
- Internal review and interviews, if needed: November 13 – December 1, 2017
- Selection: December 4, 2017
Questions about this RFP should be directed to: Ashley Smith, NLC Senior Associate for Grassroots Advocacy, email@example.com, 202-626-3094
Evaluation and Selection Process
Evaluation of each proposal will be based on NLC’s assessment of the respondent’s ability to provide the services specified in this document.
Final selection will be made by NLC’s Federal Advocacy team no later than December 4, 2017.
The 2018 Congressional City Conference (CCC) will take place in Washington, D.C. March 11-14. More than 2,000 city leaders will gather to represent and advocate for the interests of cities in the Nation's Capital. Registration for the 2018 Congressional City Conference will open at the National League of Cities annual City Summit conference in November in Charlotte, NC.
For full information on the Congressional City Conference, please visit ccc.nlc.org.
Future CCC Dates
Washington, District of Columbia
March 10-13, 2019
March 8-11, 2020