Healthy Housing: City Learning Network
Join a peer network of city leaders working to address lead and asthma in housing to improve health and well-being.
Every family deserves a safe and healthy place to call home. Check out the Healthy Housing Learning Network resources and opportunities on this page, and click here to learn more and join the Learning Network!
NLC has been working with city leaders to address healthy housing. Read up on the lessons cities are sharing.
- From ChangeLab Solutions, “A Guide to Proactive Rental Inspection Programs.”
- This report provides additional technical guidance on rental property licensing and registration.
- From Alan Mallach with the Center for Community Progress, “Raising the Bar: A short guide to landlord incentives and rental property regulation.”
- This guide provides a comprehensive introduction to the rental property licensing and registration process in municipalities, including key considerations at each step.
- From the Center for Community Progress, “Building American Cities Toolkit.”
- This site includes a toolkit of strategies and resources for neighborhood development, property management, and code enforcement.
- From the Green and Healthy Homes Initiative, “Healthy Homes Renovations: Engaging Hospitals as Investors.”
- This webinar serves as a resource for engaging hospitals as investors in healthy home renovations. From Jessica A. Bacher, “Targeted Rental Licensing Programs: A Strategic Overview.”
- This presentation provides a brief overview of the legal framework for rental property licensing and registration.
NLC works with a wide variety of local and national partners to improve healthy housing.
- Center for Community Progress
- Environmental Defense Fund
- Green and Healthy Homes Initiative
- National Center for Healthy Housing