NLC Leadership Applications
You lead at home. Now lead at NLC.
The National League of Cities 2019 Leadership Applications open Monday, August 13 - October 8.
There are so many different ways to lead at NLC and we want to make sure you find the right fit. You can apply to join the Board of Directors, or run to become an NLC Officer; you can apply to lead a Member Council or Constituency Group; finally, you can apply to join or lead a Federal Advocacy Committee.
New Application Process – Here are some tips
New this year, NLC leadership applications will be submitted using your MyNLC account.
- Login and update your MyNLC account (important sections to update include: full profile, contact information, expertise and interests).
- Pay membership dues — your city must be an active member paid in full to apply. If your city is not a current member, contact your membership representative.
- Get references — reach out to your State Municipal League, city official peers and other professional colleagues.
- Update your professional resume and biography.
- Draft your personal statement about what makes you a good fit for the role.
To access the application click the APPLY HERE button below, then select the Leadership Application tab highlighted in yellow on the menu.
Applications will close Monday, October 8, 2018, with the exception of general Federal Advocacy membership closing on Friday, November 30, 2018.