New Member Networking Opportunities
Our members say that the opportunity to share strategies, solutions and successes is the most valuable NLC benefit.
With over 20 different networking groups, NLC helps you find the groups and opportunities that are right for you. Learn how these networking groups can help you move your community forward, then fill out the form below to indicate your interest. From there, NLC will contact you within 24 hours with more information on the groups you wish to know more about.
Federal Advocacy Committees
Serve on a Federal Advocacy Committee and play an important role in shaping NLC's annual legislative agenda. Passionate about a specific issue area? NLC's Federal Advocacy Committees are a great way to create national policy on the topics you care about.
There are seven Federal Advocacy Committees:
- Community and Economic Development
- Energy, Environment and Natural Resources
- Finance, Administration and Intergovernmental Relations
- Human Development
- Information Technology and Communications
- Public Safety and Crime Prevention
- Transportation and Infrastructure Services
Caucuses within NLC, Constituency Groups serve as a forum to share ideas and best practices, and connect you with other local officials who share your experiences. Constituency Groups serve as a resource for the larger NLC community and Federal Advocacy Committees on issues of diversity and inclusion.
There are five Constituency Groups:
- Asian Pacific American Municipal Officials (APAMO)
- Hispanic Elected Local Officials (HELO)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Local Officials (LGBTLO)
- National Black Caucus of Local Elected Officials (NBC-LEO)
- Women in Municipal Government (WIMG)
Member Councils bring together leaders from communities that are similar in size, type, or another important characteristic. Together, members address their unique challenges.
There are 7 Member Councils:
- First Tier Suburbs Council
- Large Cities Council (population over 200,000+)
- Military Communities Council
- Small Cities Council (population 50,000 or less)
- University Communities Council
- Council on Youth, Education and Family
- Council on Race, Equity and Leadership
Interested in joining one or more of these groups? Fill out the form below.