Registration Open for Midwest Regional Convening on Climate Resilience
The Sustainable Cities Institute at the National League of Cities, in partnership with the Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC), is holding a Regional Convening on Climate Resilience in Saint Paul, Minn. This training event will bring together city teams of local government officials from communities all across the upper Midwest.
Unlike other events where individuals attend in isolation, the convening is intended to be a team learning opportunity, which will resonate long after participants return home. Facilitated by ISC staff, this interactive, peer learning event will enable local leaders to:
- Elevate the voice of cities in the national discussion around climate adaptation and resilience.
- Learn what is being done to mitigate the impact of a changing climate and prepare for the long term effects.
- Collaborate with local leaders, regional experts and national authorities on resilience.
- Acquire specific, relevant tools to activate citizens and engage private sector stakeholders.
- Build a regional network to reinforce and coordinate the strategies that are developed.
Each participating city team will receive a scholarship of $300 to support travel. All attendees will be provided with breakfast and lunch during the dates of the convening. Special hotel rates are also available for attendees. Space is limited so register today!
NLC thanks its Capstone Partner, Wells Fargo, for its generous support of this event.