President Ellis Announces NLC's 2012 Nominating Committee
NLC Immediate Past President James Mitchell, Jr., council member, Charlotte, NC will chair the committee, which includes 11 elected city officials and three state municipal league executive directors.
The elected officials serving on the committee are:
• Robert Avery, Councilman, City of Gadsden, AL
• Nancy J. Chaney, Mayor, City of Moscow, ID
• Gloria J. Chavez, Mayor, Village of Tijeras, NM
• Chris Coleman, Mayor, City of St. Paul, MN
• Melvin L. "Kip" Holden, Mayor-President, City of Baton Rouge, LA
• Gilbert Lopez, Vice-Mayor, City of Coolidge, AZ
• Michael McGlynn, Mayor, City of Medford, MA
• David M. Sander, Mayor, City of Rancho Cordova, CA
• Bernita Sims, Council Member, City of High Point, NC
• Ronnie Steine, Councilman-At-Large, City of Nashville, TN
• Lavonta Williams, Councilmember, City of Wichita, KS
The state municipal league directors are:
• William F. Fulginiti, Executive Director, New Mexico Municipal League
• Miriam Hair, Executive Director, Municipal Association of South Carolina
• James F. Miller, Executive Director, League of Minnesota Cities
The committee will hold a public hearing to receive nominations during the Congress of Cities on Thursday, November 29, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Candidates must submit a Candidate Data Form, which provides information about their candidacy, to be received by the NLC Executive Office no later than November 7. The NLC Officer and Board Candidate Information Packet, which includes the Candidate Data Form, provides information about when and how to submit the form.
Details: Visit the NLC Leadership page on the website for more information about running for office and to download the 2013 Candidate Information Packet. The Candidate Information Packet is also available from Martha Moss at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-626-3022.