NLC President Chris Coleman Announces the 2014 Nominating Committee
NLC President Chris Coleman, Mayor, Saint Paul, Minn., has appointed a 15-member Nominating Committee that will be responsible for recommending a slate of Officers and Board Members to lead NLC in 2015. These leaders will be elected during the Annual Business Meeting at the Congress of Cities and Exposition in Austin, Texas, on Saturday, November 22.
NLC Past President Ted Ellis, Mayor, Bluffton, Indiana, will chair the committee, which includes 11 elected city officials and 3 state municipal league executive directors.
Elected officials serving on the committee are:
- Melodee Colbert Kean, Councilmember, Joplin, Missouri
- Joe Davis, Alderman, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Karen Freeman Wilson, Mayor, Gary Indiana
- Ronald Green, City Controller, Houston, Texas
- Kevin Kramer, Councilmember, Louisville, Kentucky
- Mary McComber, Mayor, Oak Park Heights, Minnesota
- Keith McGlashan, Mayor, Shoreline, Washington
- Joe Moore, Alderman, Chicago, Illinois
- David Sander, Councilmember, Rancho Cordova, California
- Stephen Sham, Vice Mayor, Alhambra, California
- Oscar Trevino, Mayor, North Richland Hills, Texas
The state municipal league executive directors serving on the committee are:
- Jim Miller, Executive Director, League of Minnesota Cities
- Mike Sittig, Executive Director, Florida League of Cities
- Miriam Hair, Executive Director, Municipal Association of South Carolina
The committee will hold a public hearing to receive nominations during the Austin Congress of Cities on Thursday, November 20.