NLC at 90: Still Going Strong
This is the fiftth post in NLC’s 90th Anniversary series.
Membership in the National League of Cities (NLC) is a great investment for you and your community. Creating such an organization was on the minds of its founders in 1924, and now, NLC is the country’s oldest, largest and most representative organization serving municipal governments. Founded as the American Municipal Association by ten state municipal leagues, today, its members include 49 state municipal leagues and more than 1,800 direct and affiliate member cities, towns, villages, and boroughs.
NLC is the “go to” place for your elected and appointed officials and staff providing a valuable resource. NLC offers training, technical assistance, and information to municipal officials to help improve the quality of local government, and undertakes research and analysis on topics and issues important to the nation’s cities.
NLC offers an opportunity to become a member of one of its policy committees, constituency groups, member councils, or issue networks. There is a place for you to network at NLC.
As we celebrate our 90th anniversary, during the first six months of this year, we welcome 32 new members:
- Village of Rockton, Ill, Pop. 7,685
- City of Jackson, Tenn., Pop. 65,211
- City of Wauwatosa, Wis., Pop. 46,396
- Village of Virginia Gardens, Fla., Pop. 2,375
- City of Middleton, Idaho, Pop. 5,524
- City of Port St. Lucie, Fla, Pop. 164,603
- City of Ithaca. N.Y., Pop. 30,014
- Town of Stonewall, Okla., Pop. 470
- City of Denham Springs, La., Pop. 10,215
- City of Byram, Miss., Pop. 11,489
- City of Renton, Wash., Pop. 90,927
- Town of Middletown, Del., Pop. 18,871
- Village of Woodlawn, Ohio, Pop. 3,294
- Town of Miami Lakes, Fla., Pop. 22,676
- City of Barrow, Alaska, Pop. 4,212
- Village of Lake Barrington, Ill., Pop. 10,327
- City of Pittsburgh, Pa., Pop. 305,704
- City of Linden, Mich., Pop. 3,881
- City of New Orleans, La., Pop. 343,829
- City of Berkley, Mich., Pop. 14,970
- City of San Springs, Okla., Pop. 18,906
- Town of Bronson, Fla., Pop. 1,113
- City of Issaquah, Wash., Pop. 30,434
- City of Ocala, Fla., Pop. 56,315
- City of Kissimmee, Fla., Pop. 59,682
- City of West Linn, Ore., Pop. 25,109
- City of East Lansing, Mich., Pop. 48,579
- City of Atlantic City, N.J., Pop. 39,558
- City of Mesquite, Nev., Pop. 15,276
- Village of Eagle Nest, N.M., Pop. 290
- City of Hartford, Conn., Pop. 124,775
- City of Pensacola, Fla., Pop. 51,923
- Town of Lutcher, La., Pop. 3,559
We congratulate these cities on their membership. If you want information of the products and services provided by NLC or membership information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-626-3100.