Application for Federal Advocacy Committees
Shape the National Municipal Policy
Applications open Monday, August 13!
Annually, the incoming NLC President appoints the leaders and the members of the federal advocacy committees to a one year term. Local elected and appointed city and town officials from NLC member cities are eligible to be appointed. To be considered for an appointment, you must complete this online application. In addition to leading the federal advocacy committees, those appointed as committee chairs will also serve on NLC’s Board of Directors during their leadership year. Federal Advocacy Committee membership Appointments will be announced following the NLC’s City Summit conference held in November.
You will be asked to indicate your primary and secondary preferences for committee appointments:
- Community & Economic Development
- Energy, Environment & Natural Resources
- Finance, Administration & Intergovernmental Relations
- Human Development
- Information Technology & Communications
- Public Safety & Crime Prevention
- Transportation & Infrastructure Services
Appointment to a Committee requires:
- Be a local elected or appointed city official or city staff from a NLC member city
- Attendance at all meetings
- Commitment to take advocacy actions on behalf of NLC and your City
- Meaningfully contribute to the Committee you are serving on
- Actively advocate on NLC’ s organizational priorities
- Participate in Policy discussions as needed
Applications will open on Monday, August 13, 2018, and close Friday, November 30, 2018. For questions, contact Avery Peters at email@example.com.