Skip to main content
NLC should start:
- Setting measurable NLC-wide and center-wide goals and tracking our performance in meeting specific benchmarks with good data
- Ensuring internal and external accountability:
- How are all staff accountable for a collaborative process and a stronger end product?
- What is the ROI for NLC? For members?
- Strengthening feedback loops: communicating successes and learning from failures
- Using analytics on our website to improve what we offer and how members and NLC’s broader audience engage with NLC
- Utilizing third party evaluators to assess the organization to get unbiased opinions and new ideas
- Review vendor contracts to make sure we’re getting the best value and take member experience into account (e.g., registering for the conferences)
NLC should stop:
- Using the current performance evaluation system; should be overhauled to encourage ongoing feedback and accountability
- Measuring success in dollars