NLC President Mark Stodola Announces the 2018 Nominating Committee
NLC President and Little Rock, Arkansas, Mayor Mark Stodola has appointed a 15-member nominating committee with one alternate that will be responsible for recommending a slate of officers and board members to lead NLC in 2019. These leaders will be elected during the Annual Business Meeting at the City Summit in Los Angeles, California, on Saturday, November 10, 2018.
NLC Immediate Past President and Cleveland, Ohio, Councilmember Matt Zone will chair the committee, which includes 13 elected city officials and two state municipal league executive directors.
Elected officials serving on the committee are:
- Harry Brown, Mayor, Stephens, Arkansas
- Joe Buscaino, Councilmember, Los Angeles, California (Alternate)
- Mary Dennis, Mayor, Live Oak, Texas
- Dennis Doyle, Mayor, Beaverton, Oregon
- Alfred Mae Drakeford, Mayor, Camden, South Carolina
- Corina Lopez, Councilmember, San Leandro, California
- David Luna, Vice Mayor, Mesa, Arizona
- Lily Mei, Mayor, Fremont, California
- James Mitchell, Councilmember At Large, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Hanifa Shabazz, Council President, Wilmington, Delaware
- Craig Thurmond, Mayor, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
- Nancy VanReece, Councilmember, Nashville, Tennessee
- Vince Williams, Mayor, Union City, Georgia
State municipal league executive directors serving on the committee are:
- Mike Sittig, Executive Director, Florida League of Cities
- Shari Veazey, Executive Director, Mississippi Municipal League
The committee will hold a public hearing to receive nominations during the 2018 City Summit on Thursday, November 8, 2018. Candidates must submit an application to serve as an NLC Officer or Member of the Board of Directors.
The application deadline is Monday, October 8, 2018. All applications must be submitted electronically.