10 Critical Imperatives Facing Cities in 2014
The National League of Cities' The 10 Critical Imperatives Facing Cities in 2014 highlights 10 of the most pressing of these challenges cities are currently facing, ranging from the fragile fiscal health of cities to climate change and extreme weather.
The report offers innovative strategies to address these challenges and improve the lives of all citizens.
The 10 critical imperatives facing cities include:
- Fragile Fiscal Health
- Deteriorating Transportation Infrastructure
- The Shrinking Middle Class
- Inadequate Access to Higher Education
- The Need for Affordable Housing
- A Less-Than-Welcoming Return for Veterans
- Gang Violence
- A Broken Immigration System
- Climate Change and Extreme Weather
- Lack of Public Trust