Think and plan geographically. As the market leader in geographic information systems (GIS), Esri technology is used in over 350,000 organizations worldwide. Use GIS to collect, manage, and analyze geographic information, helping you solve problems and make better decisions.
Resources for Cities
- Case Studies: Special Districts and County and Municipal Government
- GIS Best Practices: GIS for Public Works
- White Paper: Enterprise GIS for Local Government
- The Business Case for GIS
- Philadelphia Saves $1 Million Per Year
- Article: Akron Housing Authority Streamlines Vacant Land Planning
- Enterprise License Agreements
- City of Salem, Oregon, Broadens the Reach of GIS
- GIS for Green Government
- Citizen Engagement
Esri is deeply committed to supporting all aspects of local government. To further that end, Esri dedicates support to NLC, ICMA, NACo and many other associations focused on city and county government. We are proud to be a founding member of NLC's Corporate Partner program and proud to be identified as a "company with a conscience" by Charlie Lyons, NLC's 2004 President, for our support of his housing agenda.
Esri has donated and coordinated a considerable amount of software, resources and volunteers to the recovery efforts by state and local governments and the Red Cross in response to the devastation by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, the tsunami in Asia and other natural disasters. Most recently, Esri has implemented Web-based mapping applications to illustrate the effects of earthquakes in Haiti and Chile, as well as the recent oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. These applications display important data layers as well as relevant multimedia content such as videos, photos, and news reports.