by Michael Karpman
Municipal officials and their community partners are invited to visit www.nlc.org/iyef to register for an upcoming series of webinars sponsored by NLC's Institute for Youth, Education and Families (YEF Institute) that will take place during the first half of 2012.
Topics will include:
• Tuesday, January 31, 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time: "Reengagement Centers: Key Element in a City Strategy to Recover Dropouts"
• Wednesday, February 15, 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time: "Improving Outcomes for Children and Youth through Collective Impact"
• Wednesday, March 21, 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time: "Using Ready by 21 Tools to Guide Youth Master Planning"
• Wednesday, April 18, 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time: "Healthy Food Shortage: How Cities Can Use Federal Meals Programs to Reduce Childhood Hunger and Obesity"
• Wednesday, May 16, 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time: "Black Male Achievement: Promising Practices to Improve Education, Work and Family Outcomes for Young Black Men"
• Wednesday, June 20, 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time: "City Innovations to Empower Families in the Evolving Financial Marketplace"
The YEF Institute's monthly webinar series is the only venue where municipal officials can regularly tune in to interactive discussions with other city leaders and national experts on issues affecting children, youth and families. The calls are typically one hour long and are offered free of charge. The February 15 webinar will last 90 minutes.
The webinars will focus on promising local strategies to help children and families succeed. YEF Institute staff encourage audience participation on every call.Details:
Register online by visiting www.nlc.org/iyef
. Recordings of audioconferences and webinars sponsored by the YEF Institute in 2011 are available on the YEF Institute page of the NLC website. To learn more about the Institute's webinar series, contact Michael Karpman at (202) 626-3072 email@example.com