Reminder: April 30 Webinar on Educational Alignment for Young Children
April 30, 2012
City leaders still have time to register for a free, hour-long webinar on "Educational Alignment for Young Children: Profiles of Local Innovation" that will take place Monday, April 30, at noon Eastern time. The webinar will also be archived for future viewing. Featured speakers will include:
• The Honorable Pedro E. Segarra, mayor, City of Hartford, Conn.
• Dr. John R. Porter, Jr., superintendent, Franklin-McKinley School District, San José, Calif.
• Jeanne Russell, education advisor, Office of Mayor Julián Castro, City of San Antonio
• Katie Britton, Ready City manager, Thrive in Five Boston, City of Boston
• Sonja Griffin, strategic advisor, Seattle Early Education Collaborative, Seattle
Speakers represent the five cities featured in NLC's case study report featuring innovative local efforts to prepare young children ages 0-8 for educational success by promoting alignment between early care and education programs and K-12 schools. Registration for the webinar is now open at the myNLC portal at http://my.nlc.org/eweb