Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with 14,000 employees dedicated to meeting the needs of clients and communities worldwide. The firm offers skills and resources in strategic consulting, planning, engineering, program/construction management, and operations for all modes of infrastructure, including transportation, power, mining, water/wastewater, and community development.
Parsons Brinckerhoff contributes to the communities in which it works through pro bono work, the volunteer activities of its employees, and monetary donations made by employees and the company through the PB Foundation. The firm sponsors a Community Involvement Challenge in which offices throughout the US compete to volunteer hours and make donations to community organizations. Most offices have Green Teams that participate in park cleanups and other environmental improvement activities.
The firm supports the education of young people through volunteer work in schools, for organizations such as the ACE Mentor Program and AMIE (Advancing Minorities’ Interest in Engineering), and through scholarships awarded by the Society of American Military Engineers. Recently, the firm’s CEO led the establishment of a mentoring program, known as Engineering Success Alliance, which provides specialized tutoring assistance and internship opportunities to students from under-resourced high schools who are studying engineering at Bucknell University.
Additionally, Parsons Brinckerhoff matches employee donations to a select list of charities, and the PB Foundation regularly solicits and matches employee donations to help communities recover from natural disasters such as Hurricane Katrina, Superstorm Sandy, and the 2013 Oklahoma hurricanes.
Founded in New York City in 1885, Parsons Brinckerhoff is now the professional services division of Balfour Beatty, an international infrastructure services business operating in professional services, construction services, support services and infrastructure investments.